Last Updated March 2018
Meg Meeker Community, Inc is serious about protecting your online privacy. This Privacy Statement explains our views and practices concerning privacy, and how they may pertain to you as a user of our website.
”You” or “Your” means you as a participant in or as a user of the megmeekermd.com website. ”We” or ”Our” or “Us” means megmeekermd.com. Our site or Websites means megmeekermd.com, and any or all of the following:
SECTION 1: ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason (i.e. newsletter subscription and marketing messages), we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and provide you with an opportunity to withdraw your consent.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on an “unsubscribe” link which is offered at the bottom of every email we send.
You may also withdraw your consent anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Meg Meeker Community, Inc 242 E South Temple Salt Lake City, UT 84111
SECTION 2: WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our site, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. This enables us to both fulfill and support the products you purchase.
When you browse our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system so we can better improve the experience for all our users.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about new products, free and premium content (i.e. blog posts, YouTube videos, reports/white papers, etc.), and special events.
SECTION 3: THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the course of operating the Websites and/or interacting with you, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
- Information Provided Voluntarily
- Personal Information. When you sign up to receive any of our newsletters, respond to a survey, register for a class, or purchase any product or service, you may be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number. We do not collect any personal information from Visitors when they use the Websites unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as by registering or sending us an email or signing up for a newsletter. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
- Order Information. When you place an Order, you must provide us with certain information about the products and services you are seeking to purchase. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
- Information Provided Automatically
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Websites, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Websites you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
- From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Websites. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Websites may not function properly.
- From Other Sources. We also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Facebook and/or other third-party social media sites.
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Websites, including, without limitation:
SECTION 4: THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal Information.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we incorporate standard industry practices internally and with our services providers, which we believe suits the degree of sensitivity of the information involved, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Because we work with third-party businesses and vendors in various aspects of our business including operating this website, database management, website security, etc., we cannot guarantee the absolute security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
- Shopping Information.
- Our shopping cart solution is hosted and managed by Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Your data is stored through Infusionsoft’s data storage, databases and the general Infusionsoft application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Infusionsoft stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 5: THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information to fulfill orders you have placed, to better understand and serve your needs, and respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We may also use your personal information to enhance your customer experience, improve our customer service, tailor offerings and advertisements to you relating to services you have requested, and communicate with you about products, services, special offerings offered by Meg Meeker Community that may be of interest to you.
We may also use this information to analyze and manage our businesses. Aggregate or combined data is collected from online and offline facilities and may be used to enhance the ability of Meg Meeker Community to communicate with you and to support business functions such as internal business processes, marketing, authentication, customer service, fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions.
Your information will not be accessible to anyone other than our staff or business affiliates whose services you have requested. We promise that we won’t sell or rent your information to spammers!
We make every effort to keep you informed of our own special events, news and offers. Periodically, we send announcements via email or direct mail.
Note: We’ll have to hand over the information you provide if we’re ordered to do so by a court of law.
SECTION 6: THE SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties, including third-party service providers. Some examples of the services that third-party service providers offer include:
- Authorization of debit card and check transactions, order fulfillment, service promotions;
- Developing, hosting or maintaining the Site on behalf of Meg Meeker Community;
- Aggregating customer information and/or improving customer service. We may then share such aggregated information with prospective marketing partners and advertisers.
Moreover, in the event that a division or part or all of Meg Meeker Community is bought, sold or otherwise transferred, or is in the process of a potential transaction, customer information will likely be shared for evaluation purposes and included among the transferred business assets.
Meg Meeker Community may also disclose specific information when such disclosure appears necessary to comply with the law, a subpoena or other litigation process or to protect the interests or safety of its visitors and customers, employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
SECTION 7: DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. Also, if our site is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that they may continue to sell and support our products and services.
IMPORTANT: We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties, including but not limited to advertisers, strategic partners or vendors. Again, we take your privacy very seriously.
SECTION 8: DO NOT TRACK
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, Meg Meeker Community and our Website do not recognize DNT.
Meg Meeker Community utilizes cookies to create a more customized experience for our users and customers. For example, we use a login cookie so members do not have to re-enter their username and password each time they return to our site We also use tracking pixels (i.e. Google Analytics) to aid in measuring and tracking where our website traffic is coming from and to track the performance of our site. Finally, we use remarketing pixels from Facebook and Google to aid in customized, targeted follow up advertising.
SECTION 11: OTHER SITES
Our Website may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by other sites.
SECTION 12: PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
- Under Age 13
- Meg Meeker Community does not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 13, please contact us at %Support Email%.
- Under Age 18
- Minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they provide to Meg Meeker Community through the Site deleted by sending an email to %Support Email% requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
SECTION 13: QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at Meg Meeker Community.
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
Meg Meeker Community, Inc
242 E South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84111